Fr Z has an interesting entry on the ongoing discussions with the SSPX (see here). The quality of stubborness has a bit of a bad press in these 'liberal days'. It is, however, that quality which has saved Catholics on more than one occasion and we could do well to 're-embrace' this particular charism. The days of quietly hiding in the hope of being left alone in peace are, hopefully, coming to a close.
France: Pope Lays Down the Law on Euthanasia
-
Dear brothers and sisters,Dear friends who are sick,It is a joy for me to
be with you here in Lourdes, where, for more than a hundred and fifty
years, pil...
1 day ago
There was a time when I thought I had to bend and twist, bob and weave, to "make" the faith palatable to others (especially my family). How wrong I was. The people that have actually helped me most in my lived faith are stubborn people that have stuck close to Tradition and the Pope.
ReplyDelete"The days of quietly hiding in the hope of being left alone in peace are, hopefully, coming to a close"
ReplyDeleteAs Anglican opponents of wimminpriests have just found out.